The Simple Flash Video Plugin builds on the plugins that all ready allow easy posting of .flv or .mp4 files on the popular WordPress platform. Simple Flash Video allows for all of the JW FLV options to be utilized via its config.xml file and post level overrides. With this plugin you can easily post .flv or .mp4 videos to your blog and have your viewers instantly watch the video without having to fully download the video before watching. It also combines the popular Shadowbox utility to allow for the videos to float over the website content for a clean look. This plugin was built from the ground up to take full advantage of the JW FLV Player and Shadowbox. On top of this it is the only plugin for WordPress that utilizes the Simple Stats App for JW that gives users a total look at the video viewership of their website. Code has been used from the Flash Video Player by Joshua Eldridge as per the licence agreements of the respective software. When you put the code in your plugin it will be replaced by a Link to the video that will open in a Shadow window. If a .jpg file is in the same directory with the same name as the flv it will also use that photo in the link. If no image is found it will simply place a Text link in your post. If you wish you can also disable the Thickbox feature in the post command.
- Reduced Main replacement Function by 50% and reduced complexity.
- ADDED meta data for shadowbox, video title, and arguments so theme authors can intergrate SFV into a theme.
- ADDED Option in Admin for meta info. Defaults to false (off).
- Bits on the run now includes height and width in the config.xml so if you do not override the setting in the command it use what bits is set to. If you want to change the default of that player change it @ bitsontherun.com and all players using that tempalte will get updated.
- ADDED click_title as argument for command line so you can override the default click title.
- ADDED Plugin Setting on Admin page where you can enter multiple plugins separated by commas.
- ADDED Additional Settings on Admin Page where you can input any extra settings for plugins or other variables placing each on a new line in a variablename=value style.
- ADDED setting to make all videos default to being power by BOTR. Use this if all of your videos are for BOTR but you use domain masking this way the plugin knows to use Bits even though its a different domain
- FIXED issue where title and description was not set properly for BOTR files
- REMOVED embed option – plugin will default to swfobject code. embed was never able to validate.
- REMOVED Bitsontherun.com support using mp4 link.
- ADDED Bitsontherun.com support using .swf link (provides stats tracking and allows the changes made on their servers to come to your blog without needing an update)
- ADDED Blip support (PHP 5 Required)
- ADDED Customizable Title under the image that used to be hard coded to: Click to Watch. User can now set it in the admin to anything or nothing.
- UPGRADED to Longtail JW FLV Player Version 4.4.198
- Image Variable now set using the image that the plugin finds or one set via vid_image. This is displayed before the video starts playing, and afterwards.
- Shadowbox now closes when videos are complete.
- Updated to latest Simple Stats
- Fixed issue where the swfobject code did not have a DIV of mediaspace for ads.
- Fixed issues where div was not closed properly in video.php for swfobject code.
- Fixed Title to properly have spaces for Longtail Premium Ads
Want to say thank you for the plugin? Just leave a comment or send an email if you found the plugin useful. Or if you want you can make a donation to the project. All of these methods are always appreciated and will certainly help keep up the motivation for future releases. Thanks!
Bits on the Run Hosted File!